1. Maintain Your Lawn
- Water enough. Most lawns require about an inch of water a week.
- Water Early. The best time is between 5AM and 6AM. That is the coolest time of the day.
- Water Evenly. Place small containers around the property. After a session of watering you can see if the containers are filled evenly.
- Water slowly. Only water as much as your lawn can absorb.
- Water infrequently. Instead of watering a little bit every day, give your lawn a good soaking every 3 days.
2. Painting Works Magic
Consider chalkboard paint. It used to come only in black, but now it comes in a number of different colors. It can be used anywhere, for many purposes. Personalizing mugs, labeling drawers, you name it.
3. Control The Pests
To deter flies, place basil plants around openings such as, window sills, doorways. Spiders? Mix water and lemon or lime juice. Rodents are for the professional. Don't delay if you discover a pest issue.
4. Strike A New Path
This season consider drawing a new path. A beautiful way to do this is to lay pavers or stone. For a different look consider brick or arranging flagstone.
5. Renew Your Deck
A pressure washer will scour away contaminents and at the same time and sprays on a deck stripper to clean off previous finishes. The cost of rejuvenating an average-size deck is about $250, including tools, materials and the pressure washer rental. You will save several hundred dollars by doing the work yourself. Having your deck professionally cleaned and stained wil cost $500 - $1000.